A friend of mine tagged me in the “Happiness Challenge” on Facebook where I was instructed to post 3 things that define my happiness for 6 days. I’ve collected all the posts here. In doing this challenge, I found myself recognizing happy / amusing / funny moments throughout each day. That was the true reward. Although, picking 3 and sharing them each day with my Facebook friends also made me happy.
1. Happiness is being tagged for the happiness challenge. I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated Marcy’s posts and while I am more typically a voyeur than a participant, I am touched that she tagged me to do this.
2. Happiness is seeing my son growing up and settling into his new independent life.
3. Happiness is reading true life love stories in the NY Times In Memoriam section. One of my favorites is “I don’t need to visit you because you are with me every day.”
Happiness Challenge Day 2
1. Happiness is sleeping with the windows open.
2. Happiness is thinking of the next trip with my daughter. Barcelona? Milan? Paris? Florida?
3. Happiness is watching my daughter excel in and completely enjoy her college experience.
Happiness Challenge Day 3
1. Happiness is transforming a ball of string.
2. Happiness is visiting my local library at 11 PM via my kindle.
3. Happiness is our weekly mah jongg game even if I don’t win and even if we have to miss a few weeks here and there.
A ball of string…
An impromptu happiness post. Happiness is seeing Italian tourists at MY farmer’s market, glad to be able to share a nice American experience with them!
Happiness Challenge Day 4
1. Happiness is clearing out my garage and having a little extra cash in my pocket. (Thank you, Lois, for organizing the community garage sale, and thank you, Jill, for selling alongside me.)
2. Happiness is being able to go to bed early and sleep late after a long day.
3. Happiness is knowing what I need to do today, and fitting spending a long morning in bed (unfortunately by myself!) into the schedule.
A clean(er) garage!
Happiness Challenge Day 5
1. Happiness is finally having the sense to turn my air conditioning back on and enjoying a good night’s sleep.
2. Happiness is knowing that I did not miss the canning season and will have fresh tomatoes in the winter. (I’m thinking creamy tomato soup on a cold winter day.)
3. Happiness is seeing my friends’ travel posts. Thank goodness for FB since getting together for slide shows like my grandparents used to do just would never happen these days.
Ready for canning
Happiness Challenge Day 6, the final day of posts
1. Happiness is dragging myself out of bed, late, this morning, after having spent a wonderful evening catching up with an old friend.
2. Happiness is having the opportunity to review one’s life (while catching up) and being content with the decisions I’ve made in it.
3. Happiness is having a bright spot of color in an otherwise drab landscape (i.e. photo accompanying this post).
The tradition is for me to now tag other people to continue this practice of posting 3 points of happiness for 6 days. Only because it really isn’t painful, and it’s actually been nice to recognize points of happiness, I hereby nominate Christine, Gisela, Kathy (when you’re feeling better) and Linda. I look forward to reading your posts!
What are some of the things that make you happy?