After I finished my last post explaining my self-imposed dietary restrictions, I thought I should show what my days look like in food terms. As I was taking photos of every bit of food, I remembered a so-called diet from years ago. I don’t remember its name, but the gist was to have a visual food diary, on a site that would be shared with … the world. Its premise was that if you had to show the world (or worse, your friends and family!) what you ate each and every day you would be more frugal or sensible in your choices.
That was not the point of this particular exercise.
But I digress.
So I did one day. Then I thought, let’s do another one, when I’m not being so conscientious. Turns out I ate more the first day. Read on…
- Breakfast: 3 little slices of pork belly with brussel sprouts and scrambled eggs, and some water
- Snack: Ruby Red grapefruit (a smaller sized one)
- Lunch: Asparagus and leftover lamb
- Snack: A couple pieces of candied ginger
- Dinner: Pork chops with avocado, brussel sprouts and some fermented pickle slices, with a glass of seltzer and a glass of fermented ginger ale
You may also notice the same water bottle shown consistently throughout many of the pictures. I did finally finish it, at work, but it takes me awhile.
The dinner portion looks huge! These pork chops are so delicious (and thinly sliced) that I can usually eat two. This time, however, I just ate the moister meat near the bone and saved the rest for lunch the next day.
I also have a sweet tooth at night so I had some licorice. Because I am a knitter, I used a tiny box of stitch markers to show the size of the licorice.
Apparently, I was very hungry that day. The next day, when I thought I would be less on point, I had:
- Breakfast from the work cafeteria – 2 hard boiled eggs with mustard, water from home, potato chips, and tea from home
- No mid morning snack
- Lunch – the leftover pork chops, asparagus, fermented pickle slices and what do you know! the water from breakfast
- A little tiny licorice to hold me over until a late dinner
- Dinner – Trader Joe’s Spicy Thai Shrimp Fried Rice, in which I also threw a can of clams. It was supposed to feed two, but I ate it all. (I find Trader Joe’s meal size serving estimates to be very unrealistic overall), a glass of wine, and a bigger glass of mineral water
Once again, I did not finish all of my…wine! And I had licorice for dessert.
And then my eye caught sight of ….
And then I went out for a dinner with a friend….and for dessert we shared…
and it was okay! Actually, the dessert was a little disappointing because they should have heated up the cinnabon. So I cut my way into the center, which in my opinion is the best part of any cinnamon roll, and had it with some of the vanilla ice cream. I wasn’t even that interested in the whipped cream. We didn’t finish it, and I lived…and actually slept fine.
But don’t want to do it again for awhile.