Or an ode to Mustard
Or I’m on the Whole30 again
A new appreciation for mustard. Listed as one of the six things I would not like to live without as “not that I can’t live without it, but it does add a bright flavor,” on a previous online dating profile. (Did not bring any new admirers.)
This is actually a new way for me to report that I’m back on the Whole30. You know when you’re just not feeling that great, and you know that your diet is to blame? That’s when I knew that the Whole30 needs to be more than a sporadic plunge every now and again. 3 weeks into the first month now. I’ve decided that I can step off it for no more than a week each month. Since I have mini vacations this month and next, I can plan to eat “whatever” (more likely drink “whatever”) while I am away, but then come back and do what’s really right for me.
I now have a new appreciation for different flavors, and a somewhat limited condiment selection as many of them contain sugar, so mustard has moved rapidly up the list. It’s tart, vinegary, fresh, and has no bad ingredients.
Now you know I usually go for the organic, but Heinz had better graphics! Also interesting to note that the mustard brand is part of the ketchup line. Go figure!
After two days of being back on the Whole30, I checked a previous post to see if I was on track:
- Sleeping better – check
- I feel the need to move around – check
- Clear thinking. Focused. Get things done quickly. – check
- Thirsty. – check
- Cravings. None. – check
- My skin is brighter. – check
- Energy Level. Up. – check
- More decisive. – check – and more self-assured.
- My fingernails are stronger. – check
- My stomach is not bloated. – check
- BOREDOM. – NO!!!!!! My mind is running amuck with energy. This did not happen before. Now, I am coming up with ideas right and left, waking up in the middle of the night to write them down, moving forward on them the next day, and beyond. This is craziness. Is this how it’s supposed to be? I am actually getting tired from all this excitement! and waking up from thinking too much.
Okay, okay, one should not complain about being too alert. It’s just so odd for me.
Water. Lots of water. Also kicking the plastic food container habit.
Very bare refrigerator. Some items are waiting for a non Whole 30 day, like the Maple Syrup and the wine!
Alertness = Lots of reading! Reading report to follow…
And for now, I unplugged the coffee machine!
Not to worry, I ordered some Whole30 approved “creamer” and will be back in business soon!